Are you vicariously living through me in the hope that my accomplishments will validate your mediocre life and in some way compensate for all of the opportnunities you botched?

Thursday, November 13, 2003

I have been surfing the net for the whole morning. Life is so dull over here. Lunch break is over and all I am looking forward to, is when the system clock hit 5:15pm. Dilly-dally for another 5 min and I will be out of here. Hardly anyone is doing work, most people are just surfing the net. It sucks to be aimless. Retrenchment exercise really drains the spirit of the people. Everyone is in limbo, all waiting for December to come. Why December? It is when the ‘axed’ list will come out. December list is for people with no technical skills, like the office boys (all older than me), the tea lady (or ‘auntie’ which everyone called her) and people from marketing etc etc. technical staffs like fellow colleagues in the IT department will know about their fate in next January. Higher management ‘axed’ list will be out next February.

Me? I still have about 7 more weeks to go….well, at least I don’t have to write the bi-weekly logbook now.

No comments:

Past Posts