Is this fate?
Has a 4 hr break today. After lunch with my frens, I proceed to jurong point to run some errands. It is a hot day and a single decked bus 179 cane after a few minutes. Alas, the bus was packed full, even though some students alighted, I choose not to board that bus and chose instead to wait for the next one and hopefully a double decked one with more empty seats.
A few minutes later, another 179 came…another single decked one. I cursed under my breath as I made my way to the estimated stopping position of the bus. I did not want to wait for the 3rd bus as my patience was running thin under the scorching sun. 2 students alighted from the front and I immediately made my way up like the typical KS Singaporean.
As I boarded, my sight fall upon a gal just in front of me, standing in front of the “tapping” machine. My jaws nearly dropped when I realized who she was. Though dressed differently from the office wear I’m quite accustomed to seeing, it’s her all right. It seemed like she did not notice me and she made her way to the back with her frens just when I wanted to say “hi”.
I followed her for a few steps till the exit before 2 guys blocked my way. Heck, she should be alighting at the comm. studies bus stop and I should be able to catch her attention then. I then stopped my “pursuit”.
The bus stopped and as expected, she alighted. She walked past me, looked at me and gave me that smile again. I watched her back as the bus moved off and then I realized I did not ask for her name again.
Yah, that temp working at the same IA company or was she on attachment also?
What an interesting day. I wonder if I will catch her again. I’m in the north spine and she’s in the south spine. Probability? Close to zero.
Interesting encounter aside, I went to the isetan sale in ntu today. Had too much time to waste. It’s like shopping in orchard…minus the obasans and office ladies. All young adults around my age and quite a couples of eye candy. having no cash to spare on shopping, it was just a browsing experience.
Hmm…I wonder what I should get after CNY with my angbao $.
Are you vicariously living through me in the hope that my accomplishments will validate your mediocre life and in some way compensate for all of the opportnunities you botched?
Thursday, January 15, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment