Are you vicariously living through me in the hope that my accomplishments will validate your mediocre life and in some way compensate for all of the opportnunities you botched?

Thursday, February 12, 2004

I’d received good news or what I deemed as good news yesterday evening. I’m invited to an army friend’s ROM party next Saturday. It’s held at Pasir Ris and I think it’s a chalet. Now come my headache…should I get a gift? Think I will ask some of my army friends to see what will be their action. It’s only a ROM, not a wedding. It’s only a party, not a banquet.

How nice, another friend getting hitched and V-day is just 2 days away. After birthday, V-day is another day that I dread.

Nay, I’m not going to whine about how I’ll be spending that day “significant-other-less”. I’m actually waiting for someone to pass the flash link on being dateless on V-day, you know, the characters from Romance of 3 Kingdoms. Though created quite a few years ago, it never fails to strike a chord in my heart. Guess the town will be decked in red, gals holding their bf’s hand and a bouquet of flowers. Restaurants and florists charging exorbitant prices for their services/products. Chocolate sales will be great, maybe I should just get a bar for myself.

I whined, didn’t I?

No comments:

Past Posts