Today is the last day of the CNY period. Some people had remarked that CNY is somehow similar to attending funerals. It’s this period of time when you’ll see relatives whom you will not bother looking for during the past 350 days.
Being 26 as of now, CNY for me, like any other festivals, had lost its significance. I have lost touch with many relatives. This had resulted in fewer red packets but I don’t really care. As of now, all those red packets I had received have remained unopened. I will only open them once CNY is over. By the time I opened them, I had already forgotten who had given which red packet and who had given how much… all these does not matter any more.
Do not be mistaken, I’m still very interested in money. The only thing I look forward to in CNY is the special Toto draw. Ever since it started, I have never fail to make a wager. The closest I came to winning the Group 1 was last year. The outlet I bought my tickets from was one of the few who churned out the winning tickets. Alas, the dream still remain a dream.
No doubt this year will be a dream too but I just love this anticipation…it’s like playing mahjong when you have an almost winning set at hand and all you need is that last tile. The trepidations, the excitement…only a fellow mahjong player will understand the feelings.
Are you vicariously living through me in the hope that my accomplishments will validate your mediocre life and in some way compensate for all of the opportnunities you botched?
Thursday, February 05, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment