Ok, today is the last day of the month and my first post of the year.
…
I went to collect my new ic last Saturday. Collection starts from 8am and I was thinking: better reach there early and get it over and done with. If not, the place would get crowded.
Ya, I had finally reached the age when I need to change to a new ic by law. If not, a fine will be imposed.
So after a late night mahjong, I went home to grab a quick sleep of about 2 hours before driving down to the immigration office.
I reached the place about 5 mins to 8am.
From a distance, I could already see people queuing up to get into the building which was not opened yet. Oh well, that’s normal. What I did not expect was that the queue was snaking around the building and I estimated the queue to be at least 200m long!
That was certainly crazy.
…
anyway, once the building opened, I took abt 2 mins plus to get into the building. Once inside, everything was smooth sailing. There is a separate queue inside to collect the ic and I was second in line. In all, the whole collection lasted less than 15 mins once I stepped inside the building.
…
so the morale of the story is: no need to go before 8am!
Btw, everything can be submitted online. Just use a digital cam to take a photo of self, front and back of ic. Resize the pictures and pay the $ online!
Are you vicariously living through me in the hope that my accomplishments will validate your mediocre life and in some way compensate for all of the opportnunities you botched?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment