on behalf of a friend. contact me if you are interested.
Have any of you people heard of this group of organisation, 'S'pore
Children's Society' ?? They take in childrens from poor, abusive family
backgrounds and raise them till they're 16. Kids there ranges from 3- 12
yrs old.
My dept will be doing charity work there on 5th Dec. We'll bring them to
some bird farm in Lim chu kang. Actually had the opportunity to visit the
home with my colleagues yesterday..... Wah. Damn filled with emotions when
i was there. As a parent myself, it really pains me to see all these
children there without proper parent love. Compared to ophans, they're far
worst. Being an ophan, its a hard fact that both parents are no longer
around and they're on their own now, but those kids there have freakin'
parents to look after them but for some reasons or another, they're unable
to do so. Giving those the benefit of doubt that they're too poor to take
care of them, I can understand. But how about those whose parents are
abusive towards their own kids?!?! Not to mention those drug addicts
parents whose serving their terms inside. What impact would it falls on
those kids? I dare not think about it.
Enaff said.... My main purpose of writing to you ppl is to ask for
donations. Not money though. Wat I'm looking for are either used toys or
story books. Of course it must still be of good conditions lah. Gather them
in plastic bags and I'll collect it from you people. Deadline is around 1
week before 5th Dec.
Do me a favour and spread it to as many of your friends/colleagues as
possible. Rope them in to help if they want but everything's at your own
free will. I'm not forcing nor insisting u guys to help but asking it as a
personal favour. Lastly, do not go around asking for cash donations. I
repeat, NO MONEY pls..... I dun wanna get myself/anyone involved in some
illegal/unauthorise donations.
Thanks a million!!!!!
Are you vicariously living through me in the hope that my accomplishments will validate your mediocre life and in some way compensate for all of the opportnunities you botched?
Tuesday, October 28, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment